There are thousands of recipes available on the internet to make pasta at home. But do we always have the ingredients or the energy to go out and get the ingredients? Not always. We have grouped two easy & quick pasta recipes; one for vegans and another for meat lovers. Both require some standard ingredients that are almost always available in any Indian household. Without further ado, let’s get started-
Veg masala pasta recipe
- Penne pasta or macaroni
- Butter or oil
- Carrots, finely chopped
- Onions, finely chopped
- Garlic, diced
- Cumin or jeera
- Tomato powder or paste
- Pasta masala
- Kasturi methi powder
- Black pepper powder
- Red chilli powder
- Heavy cream or coconut cream (optional)
- Add 6-7 cups of water to a vessel and bring to a boil. Add salt and pasta once the water is boiling.
- Every brand of pasta has a different cooking time, check the package to know how long it would take to boil.
- Don’t cook it completely, only 70% to ensure it doesn’t turn into mush. Once the pasta is 70% boiled, take the vessel off the stove and drain the water.
- Heat oil or butter in a pan; add jeera seeds, chopped garlic, chopped onions, and saute for a minute. Add carrots & peas once the garlic turns slightly golden.
- Fry the vegetables until the carrots and peas are completely cooked. Add tomato powder and salt for seasoning.
- Once all the vegetables are fully cooked, you can add the boiled pasta.
- Now we need to add the masalas; sprinkle a generous amount of Kasturi methi powder, chilli powder, pasta masala, and ground black pepper, and mix gently so the pasta doesn’t break.
- If you want to add cream, this is when you should add it. Mix gently and take it off the heat.
- You can serve it hot with cheese and ketchup.
Now for the non-veg recipe, we see these fancy chicken pasta on our TV and Netflix every day. But can we make them as easily as a simple veg pasta at home? We have figured out a way to make delicious chicken pasta at home with regular ingredients.
- 750gm boneless chicken
- Red chillies
- Green chillies
- Fennel seeds
- Turmeric powder
- Oil or butter
- One whole onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of garlic-ginger paste
- 100gram tomato paste
- One tablespoon of garam masala
- One tablespoon of dhania powder
- Macaroni or any kind of pasta
- We first need to prepare the marinade for the chicken. For this, add 3-4 green chillies, 2 red chillies, 2 spoons of fennel seeds, turmeric powder, and salt. Grind into a coarse powder.
- Coat the diced chicken pieces with the marinade powder. You can add a spoon of milk to it to soften them up quickly and remove the bad smell. Keep the bowl aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the marinated chicken until they are fully cooked.
- Boil the pasta in salt water until they are 70% cooked. Don’t let them cook fully.
- Add oil to a separate pan, and fry the chopped onions until they turn golden. Add green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, and saute till the raw smell goes away completely.
- Add the tomato paste to the pan, sprinkle some salt and mix well. Cook until the raw smell and taste of tomatoes are gone.
- Add the chicken and pasta to the mixture. Sprinkle some garam masala, dhania powder, red chilli powder, and salt if required. Mix gently so the pasta doesn’t break.
- Cook in slow heat until the mixture seeps into the pasta and chicken.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with cheese or cream.
Both these tasty pasta recipes are pretty straightforward and require easily available ingredients. Try them out and let us know how your loved ones react to them.