Quick hunger fix for midnight cravings from leftover curry: easy and quick paneer patties recipe from leftover paneer curry
Paneer, tofu, cottage cheese; no matter the name, paneer has always been a favourite for Indian households and vegans. From sweet dishes to savoury curries, paneer is a rather diverse ingredient. Everyone loves some delicious paneer makhana but what about the leftover makhani? There are various dishes that you can cook from leftover items, quick and delicious ones. Ever tried making snacks from leftover paneer? We are here with an easy Indian snack recipe; a crunchy paneer patties recipe that can be made from any kind of leftover paneer curry.
Crunchy paneer or tofu patties from leftover curry
These patties are easy Indian snack recipes for parties and midnight cravings. If you don’t have a lot of ingredients or just want to get rid of the leftover curry, this is a quick and easy process to cook some crunchy snacks to munch on.
- Finely chopped onions
- Finely chopped ginger & garlic
- Coarsely grated capsicum
- Salt as per taste
- Leftover paneer
- Coriander leaves
- Yoghurt 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Plain flour
- Boiled peas(optional)
- Cooked leftover rice (optional)
- Jeera powder
- Black pepper powder
- Veg curry masala
- Red chilli powder
- Tomato powder
- Chaat masala
Here’s the preparation process for the crunchy paneer patties-
- In a pan, heat some oil and add the finely chopped onions, finely chopped ginger, garlic, grated capsicum, and boiled peas. Add some salt, haldi, and jeera powder and cook until they are cooked. Turn off the heat & let the mixture cool.
- In a bowl, add the mixture, add grated paneer, and the leftover rice and mix well. Add some more salt as per your taste, red chilli powder, jeera powder, chopped coriander leaves, veg curry masala, black pepper powder, tomato powder, yoghurt 2 tablespoons, and a bit of chaat masala. Mix well and add some flour to make patties of them.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. If you want to flavour the oil, you can add a few red chillies and onion slices in the oil and take them out once they turn brown. Now start frying the patties on both sides until they are golden brown.
- Take them out once they are cooked and place them over a tissue paper-lined plate to drain the excess oil. Sprinkle some chaat masala on top of them. Serve with yoghurt or tomato garlic sauce.
Whether you are a bachelor living on your own or a housewife, easy and quick recipes are a lifesaver, especially easy snacks made from leftover items. We hope this helps you make the most out of the leftover paneer curries.