Breakfasts are the most important meal of the day. They also set the tone for how your day will go. Good, hearty breakfast not only gives you energy but also brightens your mood. But making anything elaborate in the morning is a hassle, which sometimes makes us skip it entirely or eat unhealthy food. We are here with some popular breakfast recipes that are easy & quick to make and are also entirely vegetarian. Without further let’s learn the first recipe. Spoiler alert, it’s a popular one!
- Bombay masala sandwich
A popular snack in Mumbai, the Bombay masala sandwich is a mouthwatering and easy-to-make recipe that’s bound to kickstart your day with yummy goodness. Let’s see the ingredients you will need and the cooking time.
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- Half a cup of mint
- 2tbsp roasted gram dal
- 6red chili
- 2-inch ginger
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Half a teaspoon of chaat masala
- ½ spoon amchur
- 1tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 2tbsp oil
- ½ tsp of mustard
- A pinch of hing
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 4 boiled, whole potatoes
- Sandwich bread
- Onion slices
- Cucumber slices
- Grated cheese
- Capsicum slices
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- How to make the chutney:
- Firstly, in a blender take 1 cup coriander and ½ cup mint.
- Add 2 tbsp roasted gram dal, 4 chilies, 2-inch ginger, 4 cloves garlic, and 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Also add ½ tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chaat masala, ½ tsp amchur, 1 tsp sugar, and ½ tsp salt.
- Blend to smooth paste adding 3 tbsp water.
- For aloo masala
- In a Kadai, heat 2tbsp of oil. Add mustard seeds,½ tsp cumin, and pinch hing.
- Also add 2 chilies, 3 clove garlic, 1-inch ginger, few curry leaves and splutter the tempering.
- Now add ¼ tsp turmeric and saute until the raw aroma disappears.
- Further add 4 boiled and mashed potatoes, ½ tsp salt, and mix well.
- Mix and mash until everything is well combined.
- Additionally, add ½ lemon juice and 2 tbsp coriander.
- How to make the sandwich
- Spread butter on 2 slices of bread.
- Also spread green chutney on both slices of bread.
- Further spread prepared aloo masala on both the slice.
- Now place tomato slice and sprinkle chaat masala.
- Also place beetroot slice, onion slice, capsicum slice, and cucumber slice.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and then cover with the other bread slice.
- To prepare a cheese masala toast sandwich, top it with grated cheese and then cover it with a bread slice.
- Spread butter as required and grill golden.
- Now cut the sandwich into 4 pieces and spread butter and green chutney.
- Also, top with sev before serving.
The steps to make a Bombay masala sandwich are easy but the taste will leave you craving for more. The ingredients are also generally available in every Indian household but if you are missing any ingredient, be creative and see what else you have available that you can use instead. Give it a try and let us know how you and your family liked it!